Rowledge Cricket Club takes the protection of the data we hold about you as a member seriously and are committed to respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice explains how we may use and protect the personal data we obtain about you and your rights in respect of your personal data.
Name of data controller: ROWLEDGE CRICKET CLUB
Categories of personal data we collect:
- Date of birth
- Contact details if you are 18 years or over
- Contact details of the parent or legal guardian of a child member
- Contact details of the young member if over 16 and we have parent/guardian consent
- Participation confirmation
- Video/ photography/ live streaming preference
- Audio-visual materials such as video recordings, photographs and live streaming in line with your preference
- Membership declaration and signature
- Emergency contact details information
- Sporting experience information
- Disability information
- Medical, allergy, treatment and injury information where necessary
- Dietary requirements
- Supporting information that is relevant such as clothing size and any personalisation for kit or other items where we are supplying
- Cricket qualifications, coaching, safeguarding and first aid certificate details where relevant
- DBS information where relevant
Our sources of the personal data:
We obtain personal data from:
- You or the individual applying for you to be a member of the Club – you must not provide personal data about others without their knowledge and consent
- The parent or legal guardian registering a child to join the Club
- The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
- The Play-Cricket website provided by the ECB
- Leagues (where relevant)
- County Boards (where relevant)
- Club coaches / leaders
- Other information that we obtain from our dealings with you (such as your roles and achievements in cricket, products, memberships, training events you have purchased from us or signed up for)
- Medical practitioners
- All payments made to the Club through Pitchero are taken through a payment gateway (Go Cardless or Stripe), the Club do not receive details of any credit or other payment cards or bank accounts.
Automated decisions we may take: The Club will not take any automated decisions about you.
Purposes for which we process personal data:
The Club will process the personal data for:
- Administering your application for membership of the Club
- Administering bookings, payments and attendance at sessions
- Dealing with medical needs/specific requirements
- Supporting the delivery of cricket sessions, training, coaching, matches, events (including helping you with any specific needs you or others in your group may have)
- Training and competition entry
- Reporting of participation and any incidents and of figures and trends (including equality and inclusion information)
- Quality and improvement monitoring
- To communicate with you
- To comply with our legal responsibilities
- For safeguarding and to ensure a safe environment to work in and for the enjoyment of cricket events and activities
- For record-keeping purposes including scorecard and statistical records
- To deal with any complaints or disciplinary matters
How your data is stored:
- Data, including our main membership database, is stored in digital form on the Pitchero servers
Who has access to and is responsible for your data:
- The RCC Management Committee have access to members’ data to carry out their legitimate tasks for RCC and any legitimate purpose to do with their roles as officers of the organisation but they will not be free to pass it on to any other organisation other than for the disclosures noted below.
- The RCC Management Committee is responsible for ensuring that the Club discharges its obligations under the GDPR and is responsible for maintaining a log of data breaches and notifying the ICO and any members affected as necessary, in accordance with our legal obligations.
- Coaches, team managers and other volunteers for administrating training, matches and other sessions
- Volunteers who work at cricket clubs/venues to support the delivery of sessions
Who we may disclose your personal data to:
- Leagues where you have been nominated for / agree to play for a League
- The ECB where you are registered for or express an interest in an ECB programme
- The ECB Play-Cricket website
- The County Cricket Board that supports the local Cricket Club whose programmes you have registered for
- Coaches and other volunteers for administrating training and other sessions
- Volunteers who work at cricket clubs/venues to support the delivery of sessions.
Notices of potential data disclosure to some specific organisations:
- The Club uses the ECB’s Play-Cricket system for cricket competition purposes including match administration, scoring and player stats. Personal data from player registrations including name, age, squad, team, match participation etc may, therefore, be entered into that system.
- Should a youth member be selected by the Club to play in a League requiring player registration, relevant information from the online membership application (including month and year of birth) will be provided to that League to enable them to check eligibility to play in that League. Additionally, for youth members U16, specific consent to share this information will be sort from the parent or legal guardian named on the membership application form at the time of registration.
- If a member under 16 is selected to attend a County Board or League run event (such as trials, nets or representative fixtures), the Club may provide the parental or legal guardian name and contact details to the relevant League / County Board for notifications.
- If a member is over 16 and becomes an Official of the Club, the Club may provide the member’s contact details to Boards or Leagues that the Club is a member of or affiliated to; to enable them to contact the Member about cricket matters.
- If a member is over 16 and attends a County Board or League run event (such as trials, nets or representative fixtures), the Club may provide the member’s name and contact details to the relevant League / County Board to enable them to notify the Member of arrangements.
Legal basis for processing your personal data:
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
- for administration and programme delivery: that it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with us
- for dealing with medical needs: that you have given your explicit consent or it is in your vital interests.
- in all other cases: that it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of the ECB which are to build a programme to encourage participation in cricket and this does not prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
Your right to withdraw consent:
Where you have given your consent to any processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing for which we had consent prior to your withdrawing it.
Location of your personal data:
The Club will keep your personal data within the European Economic Area.
How long we will keep your personal data for:
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonable and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We shall retain your personal data for such time as you are registered with Rowledge Cricket Club as a member.
Two years after you cease to be a member of Rowledge Cricket Club or play an active part in Rowledge Cricket Club, we shall delete your data excepting that needed to keep historical scorecard and statistical records
Your rights in respect of your personal data:
You have the right of access to your personal data and, in some cases, to require us to restrict, erase or rectify it or to object to our processing it, and the right of data portability.
Our contact details:
- Email: Administrative Officer: email@example.com
- Phone: Administrative Officer: Haidee Goodwin on 07850 651271
- Website: https://www.rowledgecricketclub.com/
- Mail: Rowledge Cricket Club, Recreation Ground, School Road, Rowledge. GU10 4BN
Enquiries, concerns, exercising your rights and complaints:
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data or wish to exercise any of your rights please do not hesitate to get in touch with Haidee Goodwin at the Club, contact details above.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
Privacy laws and practice are constantly developing and we aim to meet high standards. Our policies and procedures are, therefore, under regular review. We may, from time to time, update our security and privacy policies. If we want to make any significant changes to the way in which we will use your personal data we will contact you directly and, if required, seek your consent.
The Club is not required to be a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) but it has chosen to register. The Club is therefore listed on the ICO website. You may refer any concerns to the ICO with reference to our handling of your personal data or find practical information about data protection and information rights on the website.
The ICO can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.
RCC February 2023